Frequently Asked Questions
Green Pin® Turnbuckles G-6311, G-6312, G-6313, G-6314, G-6315, G-6323 and G-6333 are suitable for lifting applications. These items have a Proof Load equal to 2 x WLL and Minimum Breaking Load equals to 5x WLL. Of course the “Instructions for use”, as we publish them in our catalogue should be respected at all times.
Note: It is not permitted to adjust the length of the turnbuckle under full load. Tensioning below the WLL is permitted. It is advisable first to adjust roughly the length of the turnbuckle and then load the turnbuckles to a certain tension. The tension may not exceed the full capacity (WLL).
Note: that it is not permitted to lift a load by tensioning (rotating the body) the turnbuckle, as shown in the picture below:
FAQ-Reference PI-02-01. Revision B.
Note: Main dimensions, general info and warnings can be found in our latest catalogue.
If the recommendations in this product information are followed performance of the shackles is guaranteed:
- permanent identification marks, or symbols, are to be made by dot peen marking or with stamps having rounded profiles (low stress stamps).
- the number of marks on a shackle is to be kept to the minimum.
- the use of fractions and oblique strokes is to be avoided and a dot or hyphen is preferable to a dividing line.
- values of WLL are, generally, to be marked to one place of decimals (except for 0.25 and 0.75) up to 100 t and in integers thereafter. The word “tonnes” may be abbreviated to “t”.
- recommended sizes of marks are
- Diameter of part to be marked > recommended size of mark
- less then 12.5 mm > 3.0 mm
- 12.5 to 26 mm > 4.5 mm
- over 26 mm > 6.0 mm
Typical arrangements of marks can be found in the following illustrations.
FAQ-Reference: PI-05-03. Rev 0.
No! Green Pin® products are treated with well designed heat treatment, which results in a certain Minimum Break Load and other specific mechanical properties. These properties will be destroyed by the heat of welding. It even can initiate extreme hard spots and initial cracks, that will decrease the strength and fatigue life dramatically. An exception is made for Green Pin® GH and PAS products, as these need to be welded to a surface to function. For these items, please follow the instructions that are available at Green Pin® sales.
Green Pin® is a sponsor of sling design program 'SlingPro' developed by Engineering Spreadsheets UK. Click here to download this program.
If you go to the product pages of individual products on this website, you can download the CAD-drawing (3D) of that product:
- On the product page, go to the table with dimensions
- Select the productsize that you are interested in
- A Download button will appear
If no Download button appears, no CAD-drawing for this product is available.
BN = Bolt & Nut, or safety bolt
CL = Clevis
CP = Cotter Pin
D = D-Handle
E = Eye
EE = Eye-Eye
EJ = Eye-Jaw
EH = Eye-Hook
F = F-Handle
FN = Fixed Nut
FP = Flush Pin
GR10 = Grade 10
GR5 = Grade 5
GR8 = Grade 8
HH = Hook-Hook
HK = Hook
H-type = Horizontal
JJ = Jaw-Jaw
ROV = Remotely Operated Vehicle
S = Shackle
S/S = Stainless Steel
SC = Screw Collar, or Screw Pin
SCL = Swivel Clevis
SE = Swivel Eye
SQ = Square headed Screw Pin
U-type = Universal (Horizontal and Vertical)
V-type = Vertical
When connecting the eye hook to a master link, at least 3 grade 10 chain links are needed between the connecting links. The direct connection of the hook to a connection link inserted in the master link is also acceptable.
Whatever your question, the Green Pin® commercial and technical support teams are standing ready to swiftly provide you with a solution.